Baldur’s Gate 3’s Hotfix 11 is now live on PS5 (the second in ten days, if you’re counting), again quashing a swathe of bugs and making your journey through Larian Studios’ epic RPG that much smoother. The changes primarily address technical issues that invariably arise in a game as interconnected as BG3. Astarion fans will be glad to know the studio is aware of an issue with the stylish sadist’s kissing animations, so please look forward to a fix for that.
In other BG3 news, a lovely two-disc physical edition has finally been revealed, and expectations for Larian’s next game are already sky high. The title looks set to sweep The Game Awards, leading the nomination pack alongside Alan Wake 2.
You can peruse the complete list of changes implemented by Hotfix 11 below:
- You can now use soaps encountered in savegames before Patch 4.
- Fixed the game sometimes freezing indefinitely after a reaction to a spell that hits you with multiple projectiles.
- Fixed a crash after using a reaction that causes an attack against a dead creature.
- Fixed an issue causing you to get stuck in certain dialogues, unable to continue.
- Fixed a blocker that could occur when trying to Long Rest.
- Dominated followers will now follow the party as expected after loading a save game.
- Fixed Gale’s romance scene playing in what looks like a black void.
- Fixed a Dark Urge flashback accidentally teleporting you to the Lower City.
- The Cursed Skulls in Jannath’s Estate are now vulnerable to Force and Radiant damage.
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain characters from executing their behaviours.
- Fixed citizens and refugees in Baldur’s Gate sometimes jittering about the place or not using their proper animations.
- Fixed some visual artefacts appearing at camp in relation to Dark Urge and Karlach dialogues. This also solved the bloodstain REDACTED suddenly becoming larger after loading a save game.
- Wyll and Minthara should now properly kiss a second time without the need to retrigger the dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where a companion’s camp night dialogue could be replaced by a different dialogue that couldn’t trigger during a previous night.