Call of Duty Mobile launched yesterday, but like a lot of games these days it did not launch without some problems. Many players are running into an error code 3005 error, where they are told the game “failed to create match.”
CoD Mobile – Failed To Create Match 3005 – Explained
This error appears to be caused by a failure in the connection to the matchmaking server. Unfortunately, there isn’t much that you can do about it yourself if the problem is not occurring on your end.
The Call of Duty Mobile support page has the following to say about connection problems:
Call of Duty: Mobile requires a network connection to play. If you’re having trouble connecting to a game, or you’re experiencing lag while playing, be sure to check your network connection. A strong Wi-Fi connection is recommended when playing Call of Duty: Mobile. If you’re having trouble with a Wi-Fi connection, try restarting the wireless router if you have access to it.
Please note Call of Duty: Mobile is currently available to players in Canada, Australia, and Peru only, and is not accessible over a VPN. If you’re attempting to play while connected to a VPN, please connect to a public or shared network within Canada, Australia, or Peru and relaunch the game.
Restarting your device can also refresh your connection and resolve network connection issues.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Tap Power off or Restart on your screen. If these options aren’t available, press and hold the power button until your device restarts.
- Press and hold the power button until the slide to power off button appears.
- Slide the button to power off your device.
- After the device has completely powered down, press and hold the power button again to turn on your device.
The above solutions might resolve the problem if the connection issue is on your end. If the problem is stemming from Activision’s end, then you will need to wait for them to resolve it.
Some people have reported success by just repeatedly trying to start a game, but doing that will depend upon your level of patience.