We know that many of you are masters at playing high-end games with stunning graphics such as those from the Call of Duty, FIFA, or GTA series, but we all started at some point. Arcade games may be obsolete, but they actually represent the start of the gaming journey for many of us.
For those advanced gamers who didn’t bother with arcade games, we’re talking about the kind of games that we used to see on coin-operated entertainment machines installed in public businesses like bars, restaurants, and amusement arcades. Arcade games are also known as coin-op games, and to give you some examples, we can mention Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Pong, Frogger, Street Fighter II, and many more. Fortunately, there are so many ways to play classic arcade games on both PC and mobile, and we’ll gladly name some websites for that:
Demonoid is a free source of arcade games that you can play online. The website aims to bring the users the best classic arcade games, and if we look at the rosters, we have to admit that it’s pretty impressive what we see. You can play such games as much as you like and even share them with your friends if you wish. All the old arcade games from Demonoid are proven console and arcade classics. There’s also a web classics section for insanely popular internet classic flash games.
The arcade games from classicgamesarcade.com are grouped as follows:
● Action: Final Fight, Contra, Classic Street Fighter 2 Flash Game, Pac Man Classic Arcade Flash Game, Mega Man Project X, Kung Fu Remix, Double Dragon, Commando, King of fighters, Megaman Polarity Flash Game, Final Fight 2, The King of Dragons, Metal Slug Zombie Game, Rick Dangerous Amiga Atari ST, Dynasty Wars, and Ruff ‘n’ Tumble.
● Legends: O*bert, Mortal Kombat, Doom, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ghosts n Goblins, Bubble Bobble, Metal Slug, Joust, Quake, Castlevania, Boinggg, Ms Pac Man, Tetris Arcade Game, Puzzle Bobble, Flappy Bird, Arkanoid, Burger Time, Prince of Persia, Solitaire, Ping Pong, Bomb Jack, Chuckie Egg, Angry Birds, Bomberman, Mahjongg, Tic Tac Toe, Curve Ball, Chopper Drop, Chess, Minesweeper, Checkers, Tron Game, Snake, Bubble Bobble 2, Sudoku, Poker, Simon, Gyroball & Marbie Madness, Connect 4, Jet Set Willy, Nebulus Frog Tower Game, Fire Man Incoming Storm, Bomb Jack 2. The Great Giana Sisters, The Lost Vikings, Cyberbox, Frogger, Manic Miner, Battle City, Berzerk, Ghostbusters, Moon Patrol, Kaboom, Thrust, Jupiter Lander, Alien Splatter, and Ninja Virus.
● Space Ship Shooter: Galaga, Defender, Raiden Space Ship Game, R Type Flash Game, Xevious, Red Plane, JetPac Spectrum Game, Missile Strike, Phoenix, Time Pilot, Space Arcade Game, Starcastle, Varth, Zenon Mega Blast, Metroid, and Astro Panic.
● Sports: Billiards Pool Game, Track and Field, Mini Putt, Fireball Game, International Karate Plus, Hang On, Iron Mikes Punchout, Micro Machines Driving Racing Game, Neao Geo League Bowling, and Sonic Speed Boat Racing.
● Web Classics: Pac-Xon, Whack a Craft Minecraft Game, Skincraft Minecraft Game, Candy Crush, Bejeweled, and Hexxagon.
Demonoid.com has a nice collection of different categories of games, including arcade. The website just launched its online gaming platform, and it also uses cloud technology similar to Y8 Games and AGame. You can either play from your smartphone or from a laptop/desktop computer the chosen games. There are many options to choose from when it comes to arcade titles, and we can mention Bubble Shooter, Slither.io, Money Movers, FireBoy and WaterGirl 1: Forest Temple, Slope, Doodle Jump, Dumb Ways to Die, Friday Night Funkin’, Fall Beans, and Rabbids Wild Race.
For an extra level of comfort and game control, you can also connect a controller to your PC or smartphone before starting to play arcade games. We recommend buying a Bluetooth controller, as they usually work without issues on both Windows PC and Android smartphones.