Karma. Incarnation 1 has been kicking around on PC for five years already, and on mobile nearly as long. Now though it’s time for Other Kind Games’ award winning puzzle adventure to come to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch, giving players access to the psychedelic hand-drawn frame-by-frame animated style on the big screen.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox (£9.99), PS4 and Switch, Karma. Incarnation 1 sees you taking on the role of a hero who has seen their beloved other be abducted by the most evil of spirits.
It’ll be up to you to help this hero reunite with the love of their love. But there’s an issue. You see, in desperation and an attempt to transform into the mightiest of dragons in the hope that would be the best way to overcome all evil, the magic has instead turned our character into a worm; a worm called Pip. And we’re not sure about you, but worms ain’t the best at destroying all evil.
It will however be up to you to help Pip overcome the obstacles ahead, making decisions that work the good and evil lines, learn of Karma and solve the mind bending puzzles that are found in this surreal world.
With some very positive reviews coming out of the PC and mobile scenes, there is high hopes here for what Karma. Incarnation 1 can provide now that it has launched on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch. It certainly looks to be helped along nicely by the hand drawn art style and award winning music that accompanies the adventure.
- — Play as Pip and explore a rich, bizarre world.
- — Use Astral sight, a power that allows you to peek into the world of spirits at any point of the game.
- — Learn Karma laws through choice and action. Each evil deed spoils Pip’s karma and changes his appearance. Good deeds purify karma. Key characters respond differently to Pip’s karma, opening additional storyline.
- — Hand-drawn animations of the varied interactions of Pip with his strange environment. The environment and other characters of the quests are drawn individually for each situation.
- — Live magical award winning music and sound by ZMEIRADUGA.
We’ll get a full review of Karma. Incarnation 1 on Xbox set up and sent your way as soon as we can. If you’re sold ahead of that time though, head over to the Xbox Store and take home a download of the game on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S. You’ll also find it on PS4, the Nintendo eShop for Switch, on Steam for PC and over on your mobile stores.
This original adventure game explores a love story between two beautiful souls through ingenious humour and a bizarre, hand-drawn, frame-by-frame animation style. Our hero’s beloved has been abducted by evil spirits, and the only way to reunite them is to reincarnate himself as a dragon to defeat Evil. But something has gone wrong, and his soul is reborn as a worm named Pip. Now Pip must overcome the challenges of a surreal world, solve mind bending puzzles, and save his love. Choosing between good and evil, Pip learns the laws of Karma, and his choices define the outcome of the game.