Friday, April 26, 2019 – 04:30 PM
Lawrenceville, GA – #6 Mobile Softball took to the road Friday for a much anticipated matchup against #9 Georgia Gwinnett and everything was coming up Ram Red in Game 1 as UM defeated GGC by a score of 6-0.
University of Mobile Rams: 6
Georgia Gwinnett Grizzlies: 0
- Hope Cain (JR/Hartselle, Ala.) pitched all 7 innings for the Rams, and retired the last 13th consecutive batters in road to the shutout. Cain only allowed 2 hits and walked 1 in 24 batters faced.
- Emily Fleetwood (SR/Mobile, Ala.) led UM in offensive production, recording 2 hits and 2 runs and 1 RBI in 4 at bats.
- The Rams opened up the first inning with 3 runs. Maddie Burchell(SR/Frierson, La.) singled to right, then stole 2nd. She stole 3rd just a few seconds later on a wild pitch from the Grizzlies and then stole home almost immediately stole home, coring the first UM run.
- Fleetwood was walked to 1st and quickly stole 2nd. She stole 3rd a few minutes later due to the defense’s indifference. Fleetwood was brought across the plate on a single by Allison Vincent (SO/Slidell, La.).
- Maegan Walding (JR/Midland City, Ala.) followed up and was sent to 1st after being hit by a pitch.
- After a single by Payton Adams (SO/St. Bernard Parish, La.) and a wild pitch striking Kaylee Pullin (SO/Prattville, Ala.) the bases were loaded. Taylor LeDrew (SO/Fairhope, Ala.) was walked to 1st, sending Vincent home for the 3rd and final run of the inning.
- UM wouldn’t score again until the 4th inning when Fleetwood crossed the plate for a second time, this time due to an error from a GGC infielder.
- The Rams tacked on two more runs in the 7th thanks to a Fleetwood single to left field, which sent Taylor LeDrew across the plate. Savannah Woodruff (JR/Saraland, Ala.) scored the final run of the game thanks to a groundout from Vincent.
See the full stats here.