From today onwards, Blizzard’s Overwatch will likely never be the same again.
Not only is the latest characters, Sigma, added to the roster, so is the new Role Queue feature that changes how heroes are chosen before the beginning of each match.
Sigma, a 62-year-old astrophysicist with the ability to manipulate gravity, is also able to launch two “gravitic charges”, which can bounce from walls and have a large area of effect. He can utilise a kinetic grasp ability to freeze projectiles and turning them into shields, or fling barriers around for his team’s protection. Sigma can attack enemies by hurling debris at them, while his ultimate, Gravitic Flux, lifts enemies nearby up before slamming them back down for damage.
Role Queue will require players to choose which role they want to fulfil in Competitive Play before finding a game. Be it a Tank, Support, or Damage role, each team in Competitive matches will have two heroes of each role, ensuring a balance. While much has been made of this enforced change, the overall sentiment is that it will be a good idea moving on.
The latest patch for Overwatch also includes a raft of changes, additions, and tweaks, which can be found below:
- Reload time per round decreased from 0.3 to 0.25 seconds.
- Healing amount increased from 100 to 130
- Self-healing from Inspire is now halved
- Now has 3 charges
- Healing amount changed from 150 to 120
- Now heals over 2 seconds instead of instantly
- If you throw multiple packs at the same person, the current duration will be extended by 2 seconds
- Out-going velocity increased from 60 to 80
- Retracting time reduced from 0.6 seconds to 0.3
- Barrier health reduced from 500 to 200
- Stun duration reduced from 0.9 seconds to 0.75
- Ultimate cost increased 10%
- Pilot ultimate cost reduced by 12%
- Quick melee no longer pauses ammo reload.
- Storm Arrows ammo reduced from 6 to 5
- Cooldown increased from 8 seconds to 9
New Passive: “Steadfast”
- Reduces knock back effects by 30%
- Duration on enemy players reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Activation time increased from 0.2 to 0.35 seconds
- Now lasts an infinite duration until destroyed
- Players can destroy their Teleporter with the ability 2 input
- Cooldown now starts when Teleporter is destroyed
- Maximum range increased from 25 to 30 meters
- Teleporter is destroyed if the entrance is more than 40 meters from the exit
- Damage increased from 300 to 350
- Increased projectile speed from 10 to 12, causing the mines to spread out more
- Reduced the activation time from 0.25 to 0.1 seconds
Sigma now live in Overwatch with new Role Queue feature was last modified: August 14th, 2019 by