The collection has already been released on the Nintendo Switch and the PlayStation 4 version is expected to include the same titles. Both arcade and console versions of some games will be available as well as personal leaderboards. All the mod-cons will be there too, including saves and rewinds. The PlayStation 4 version will include 4K resolution and redesigned control schemes to suit a modern pad. As you might expect there will be a Museum Mode exploring the storied history of SNK.
The list of games on PS4 has not been confirmed, but here’s what was on the Switch version — it launched with 13 games with 11 more added in a later free update.
- Alpha Mission (arcade and home versions)
- Athena (arcade and home versions)
- Ikari Warriors (arcade and home versions)
- Ikari III: The Rescue (arcade and home versions)
- Guerrilla War (arcade and home versions)
- P.O.W. (arcade and home versions)
- Prehistoric Isle in 1930
- Psycho Soldier
- Street Smart
- T.N.K. III (arcade and home versions)
- Victory Road (arcade and home versions)
- Chopper I
- Munch Mobile
- Sasuke vs. Commander
- Time Soldiers
- Bermuda Triangle
- Paddle Mania
- Ozma Wars
- Beast Busters
- SAR: Search and Rescue
- World Wars
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection will release on PlayStation 4 in North America on March 19th.
We don’t have them yet, but we’ll publish a story as soon as we pick up the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection trophies.