We may have recently had International Dog Day breaking the internet, but today it’s all about the kitty cats of Kitaria Fables as it launches with a ton of free and paid DLC in tow on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and Steam.
Optimised for Xbox Series X|S, yet playable on Xbox One, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC through Steam as well, Kitaria Fables from PQube launches into the world roughly a year after it was first revealed.
It’s priced at £16.99 from the Xbox Store, and will see you heading to the world of Kitaria as you go about your farming and crafting business. Sold as a cute adventure RPG, it’s the small Paw Village which will be your first port of call, but from there out a whole world opens up. Dungeons will need plundering for resources and a host of different regions will be ripe for reaping. With a rising darkness threatening to overcome the world, it’s how you, your trusty sword, bow and spellbook, decide to fight back which is key.
In order to find success though, it’ll be in the fruits of your labour where that is found. Whether you are taking on quests and objectives alone or with a local cooperative friend, tending to your farm and growing your own provisions as you go should be at the forefront of your mind. You see, as with much of gaming’s ideologies, it’s these which will make you stronger through your journey.
With a land full of delightful characters to meet, objectives to nail and real-time combat to engage in, we’re pretty excited for what Kitaria Fables is able to produce. Standby for our full review of the game on Xbox real soon but the key game features include:
- Welcome to the world of Kitaria – A peaceful land where nature lives in harmony – until now. As the wildlife around Paw Village becomes increasingly aggressive, The Empire has called upon you to investigate and defend its citizens.
- Real-time Combat – Wield melee weapons, bows and forge new spells. Kit your loadout in a way which suits your preferred style of battle and craft magic, weapons and armour which compliment your play style.
- Learn an Ancient Magic – When an age-old spellbook comes into your possession, use it to learn a kind of magic long-ago outlawed by The Empire – and give you the edge in combat!
- Gather, Craft and Farm! – Kitaria is full of resources for you to use to your advantage! Slay monsters for ingredients, plant seeds and tend to your crops for provisions, and gather materials and ores to craft more powerful weapons, armour and accessories.
- Make Your Home in Paw Village – Kitaria is full of friendly (and not so friendly!) citizens. Make yourself known to your neighbours and fulfil their requests. The more you bond with your new friends, the more rewards you will receive as your relationships grow!
- Local Co-Op Mode – Take on quests solo, or with a friend! Double your firepower and use the freedom of Kitaria Fables’ flexible combat system to complement each other’s strengths.
In the meantime you can grab a copy of the game from the store of your choosing – the Xbox Store being our favourite, but the game is also available on PlayStation, Switch and PC.
What is also available are a ton of DLC additions to accompany launch. Kitaria Fables hits out on Day One with the following additional content packs present. Whether you buy any, is up to you…
- Bengal Skin – £0.79
- Green Mythical Wings – £0.79
- Sakura Outfit – £1.29
- Dark Mythical Wings – £0.79
- Beach Hat – £0.79
- Red Mythical Wings – £0.79
- Demon kitty Outfit – £1.89
- Dark Butterfly Wings – £0.79
- Gladiator Helmet – £0.79
- Sub-Zero Outfit – £1.29
- Exotic Skins – £1.29
- Sakura Skin – £0.79
- Black Cat Skin – £0.79
- Light Mythical Wings – FREE
- Phantom Wings – £0.79
- Blue Cat Skin – £0.79
Kitaria Fables is a delightfully cute action adventure RPG with farming and crafting! Armed with a sword, bow and spellbook, fight back against a rising darkness threatening the world. Discover diverse regions in search of relics and resources, tend to your farm to grow your own provisions, and take on quests solo or with a friend in local co-op mode! A delightfully cute action adventure RPG with farming and crafting – Armed with sword, bow and spellbook, fight against a rising darkness threatening the world. Plunder dungeons in search of relics and resources, tend to your farm to grow your own provisions, and work with your village neighbours to craft new gear.