It’s already released to great acclaim on PC, and will soon be found allowing PlayStation 4 players the opportunity to work their way towards the Citadel of Eternity, but for now, it’s all about the Chaos Wastes which are being laid on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S as Warhammer: Vermintide 2 expands.
Available today as a free update for Xbox players to enjoy, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 – Chaos Wastes is the next chapter in the already huge Vermintide 2 world.
Free to add to the base game, dropping in as part of an update, Chaos Wastes will see players trying to reach the Citadel of Eternity. This won’t be an easy journey – when was that ever going to be the case – and it’ll mean that players will have to leave their hard-earned armour behind them as they head back to basics. Yep, in Chaos Wastes you will be armed with just the most simple of equipment, instead left to rely on the skills you have in order to find success.
“We are happy to bring the popular Chaos Wastes expansion to consoles and exactly like on the PC, it will be a free download to everyone that owns the game.” says Martin Wahlund, CEO Fatshark.
With no map to speak of, an unpredictable region to navigate through just becomes all the tougher. It’s not helped by the fact that in Warhammer: Vermintide 2 – Chaos Wastes, every trek will be different from the last.
Twitch integration is on hand though, so if you find yourself lost in the wastelands and need to call on help, utilise the power of your audience to help you push on with your adventure.
There are additional new features present in Chaos Wastes too. Pilgrim’s Coins, the Chest of trials, Shrines and more will all help you along the way. Key features of each are as follows:
- Pilgrim’s Coins – Chaos Waste Unique coins that can be traded for godly favor or weapons along the path. A wise traveler hoards them well and spends them wisely.
- Chest of Trials – Those seeking additional challenges while on their Pilgrimage can find them by means of the rare Chests of Trials. Opening a Chest of Trials draws the attention of a monstrous foe. Defeat the foe, and claim the reward.
- Shrines – Uncorrupted shrines can be found in the Chaos Wastes. Heroes can seek the favor of wholesome gods in the form of Miracles & Boons. But, of course, such favors are not earned without sacrifice.
- Waystone Altars – A weapon stash that contains weapons employed by previous pilgrims. Accessible through sacrificing Pilgrim’s Coins. The more Pilgrim’s Coins the Reliquary demands, the more powerful the weaponry to be found within.
- Potions – The road is littered with mysterious potions that offer powerful benefits… perhaps enough to help even the odds on a long and difficult journey.
In order to take in the Chaos Wastes on Xbox, fire up Warhammer: Vermintide 2 today, take home the free update which is rolling out, and enjoy what unfolds. It may not be an easy adventure, but you can be sure it’ll be an intriguing one.
If you haven’t yet picked up the base game, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is present on the Xbox Store. It’s part of the Xbox Game Pass too.
And further to all that, a host of new Vermintide 2 DLC packs have arrived. You’ve got the Agent of Malekith for £6.89, the Fogotten Relics for £4.19, the Flamboyant Sellsword for £6.89, the Karak Norn Hold-Keeper for £5.49, along with the Light of Judgement and Dashing Rogue both for £4.79.
All of those are also included in the £20.49 Lohner’s Collections.