Remember Descent and the six-degree-of-freedom shooting action it delivered? Well, it’s spiritual successor is now here. Overload!
Available to purchase and download on Xbox One, after previously being released on PS4 and Steam (where it has a 93% Positive Score), Overload is now found blasting its way to Xbox One, with a bit of cross platform Xbox/PC support thrown in for good measure.
Delivered via Revival Productions, a team of guys behind the legendary Descent, Overload is being billed as the ultimate Zero-G shooter, giving players three axes of rotation and three axes of movement to involve themselves in, unlike traditional FPS games.
You’ll need those two as the battle in Overload will come about from all sides, plus above and below, adding to the complexity and depth and ultimately transforming the FPS genre into something completely new and challenging.
With a super deep single-player campaign, a highly-replayable Challenge Mode, online leaderboards, and both individual and team-based online multiplayer modes, Overload on Xbox One promises to be something pretty breathtaking, as you blast through labyrinthine environments and take in pulse-pounding soundtracks.
There are a number of expanded gameplay features and powerful weapons armed with unique characteristics included too, tightening the game’s high-octane action into something remarkable.
Gameplay Features Include:
- 15 level single-player campaign plus secret levels
- Numerous level challenges including lava, force fields, lockdowns, ambushes, and secret rooms
- 20 terrifying robot enemies, plus Super-Robots and Variants and three bosses armed with customized AI giving them unique personality and combat behavior
- Multiplayer with public and private matches
- Challenge Mode with 12 levels and Infinite and Countdown variants that alter the focus of play
- Story by the writer of FreeSpace 2 with fully-voiced audio (English Only)
- Adrenaline-pumping soundtrack
- Achievements and Leaderboards
- Upgrades and XP system and advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide for navigation assistance
- Save almost anywhere
- Six difficulty levels ranging from a casual challenge to very punishing
- Surround sound audio options
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Interface and subtitles available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Russian
If you wish to give Overload on Xbox One a shot then get over to the Xbox Store and get your purchase in. It’ll set you back £24.99. Make sure you keep an eye out for our full review too – it’ll be with you before you know it!
Revival Productions is proud to present the ultimate 6-degree-of-freedom shooter, OVERLOAD, from the creators of the classic game Descent. Overload combines intense action with awesome graphics and effects to create the ultimate zero-gravity shooter. Overload features an engaging single-player story campaign, intense survival mode, online multiplayer, and a variety of customization options to give the player an intense experience with a high degree of replayability. Destroy robots, rescue survivors, blow up the reactor, and escape before the whole thing explodes!